• November 24, 2017, 02:30:53 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can't we revive our loved Memorycoins?  (Read 366 times)

Offline energywave

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MTNTNkJRE2TSA64C7HsfnFXGWMky2eEP7x
Can't we revive our loved Memorycoins?
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:49:46 PM »
So memorycoin seems to be dead. Some active nodes are there, I could add a static node myself too but I want to know if Delinquency or someone else will do something for this currency in the future or not.
It's a pity to see memorycoin in this state. I trusted very much, I currently own more than a (useless) thousand MMC, I liked very much the difficult mining where ASICS where not possible so that mining was a democratic operation.
There is even a real 3d printed memorycoin we can still buy here (designed by me): https://www.shapeways.com/product/NS85F7947/memorycoin-real-coin?optionId=55937238

Don't let this coin to death!!! Let's revive it!!!

Offline mycoinsstore

• Fanatic Member
  • I love Memorycoin!
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MHunaM56KHMDSvFWDPYYy5iEJTD88SreLk
Re: Can't we revive our loved Memorycoins?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 10:52:14 PM »
So memorycoin seems to be dead. Some active nodes are there, I could add a static node myself too but I want to know if Delinquency or someone else will do something for this currency in the future or not.
It's a pity to see memorycoin in this state. I trusted very much, I currently own more than a (useless) thousand MMC, I liked very much the difficult mining where ASICS where not possible so that mining was a democratic operation.
There is even a real 3d printed memorycoin we can still buy here (designed by me): https://www.shapeways.com/product/NS85F7947/memorycoin-real-coin?optionId=55937238

Don't let this coin to death!!! Let's revive it!!!
Yes, we can. See this topic for answer: http://mmc-forums.com/index.php?topic=32.msg2229#new

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MVTEceoiVWsnyyWU69nNFCqcpqDjyChyEH
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:44:38 AM »
Well, what you are suggesting is to remove one of the main facets of Memorycoin that has made it what it is previously. I think that if you guys decide now to disable the grant blocks system, I can do that, and given the fact that p2pools can work without grant blocks can give us bigger adoption rates.

I'm sure if we all decide to disable it now, I will have to recompile everything and the hard fork would be in a week from now, but at least we have a working p2pool system.

In other words, disabling the grant blocks will lead to higher miner income - and possibly less support from developers. But I'm sure that if these issues are fixed we could just hard-fork the code again.

Offline energywave

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MTNTNkJRE2TSA64C7HsfnFXGWMky2eEP7x
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »
Well, what you are suggesting is to remove one of the main facets of Memorycoin that has made it what it is previously. I think that if you guys decide now to disable the grant blocks system, I can do that, and given the fact that p2pools can work without grant blocks can give us bigger adoption rates.

I'm sure if we all decide to disable it now, I will have to recompile everything and the hard fork would be in a week from now, but at least we have a working p2pool system.

In other words, disabling the grant blocks will lead to higher miner income - and possibly less support from developers. But I'm sure that if these issues are fixed we could just hard-fork the code again.
I vote to do that. Let's remove the grant blocks system and let it hard fork. That's my input.
Then we should inject some life in the coin, starting from the main website (that is offline).
The goal is to be listed (again) in exchanges to give a value to this coin.

Offline tommyrsk

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MMp5Qk4v6Qoykw1DKH6rZ4UqFtHdifs8Gx
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 05:21:31 PM »

I'm also vote for doing the removal of the grant blocks system and let it hard fork.
I would like to do the necessary things to get back the life in this coin and finally get it listed on exchanges again.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 05:25:01 PM by tommyrsk »

Offline mycoinsstore

• Fanatic Member
  • I love Memorycoin!
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 10:42:29 AM »

I vote for this. I believe in great MMC future.  8)

Offline mycoinsstore

• Fanatic Member
  • I love Memorycoin!
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 10:48:58 AM »
Hi, Delinquency!

Any news about hardfork? Maybe you need help?

Offline crypto4me

• Fresh Meat
  • Remember me
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    M9JGy3tkibcScCGPZ1zT6YFdjx9q9WSfyw
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 12:46:41 PM »
Q: What are grand blocks?
Why is that a problem?

Offline mycoinsstore

• Fanatic Member
  • I love Memorycoin!
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 07:35:52 AM »
Hello!

Every 20 block is a "grant block" (read MMC conception to understand what is it).
The only one pool that supports MMC mining now is a custom implementation of p2pool. I have one working, but unfortunately this pool can't work correctly with "grant blocks".
So, every 20 blocks someone have to mine 1 block in solo mode or pool will stop working correctly.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:56:02 AM by mycoinsstore »

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 03:19:09 PM »
Sounds like enough support the hard-fork. Sorry I waited a little while for everyone to check-in.
I will try to roll changes in the next few days and then we can get a functioning p2pool working as well.
I may have some support in terms of having a valid exchange for MMC in the works, given this coin will have more publicity in the coming weeks.

Offline mycoinsstore

• Fanatic Member
  • I love Memorycoin!
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 09:25:06 PM »
Hello, Delinquency!

I'm glad to see you again!!!
I tried to support MMC during your absence, all these months. MMC blockchain still moving on, I sending some hash power on it.
Oh, btw I have working explorer for MMC and ready to launch a pool (after a hardfork), so it's up to you  ;)

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 06:22:41 AM »
Can you provide the MMC explorer? I just need some extra debugging for now

Offline mycoinsstore

• Fanatic Member
  • I love Memorycoin!
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 06:55:24 AM »
Yes. Do you need a code (for setup on your server) or link for my testing server with working example?

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 07:16:57 AM »
Probably so, I need to clean up my supply calculations since removing the grant blocks will grant more MMC to miners