• June 24, 2018, 06:55:27 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 1488 times)

Offline biophil

• Promoting ultra-running and crypto-equities
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MJEg2XZPauz6Pbm7YQrBRiTrvULN9rWpb9
Introducing myself
« on: April 14, 2014, 02:33:36 PM »
Hello, MemoryCoin community!

Delinquency has generously agreed to sponsor my training for an ultra-marathon (the Devil Mountain 50-mile in Pagosa Springs, Colorado) this August, and I'm going to be using this board to keep the community posted with my training progress.

I went to bed last night with my first sponsorship payment in my MMC wallet, and woke to a frosty Colorado spring morning. As soon as the ice melts off the pavement this afternoon, I'll be going on my first sponsored training run.

This week, expect my updates to be sparse; in addition to training, I'm working on a PhD and am in the middle of some particularly nasty exams. After April 21, everything with my studies will slow down a little and I'll set up some nice resources here. Until then, know that I'm here, and I'm excited to be working with MMC to achieve my goals.

Offline biophil

• Promoting ultra-running and crypto-equities
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MJEg2XZPauz6Pbm7YQrBRiTrvULN9rWpb9
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:18:33 AM »
Since last week's snow, the weather here has been perfect and I've enjoyed some of my best runs of the year. My mileage is still low; I'm calling April my "get my legs under me" month and then I'll start pushing the distance in May. But I feel great!

My (quickly-increasing) running monthly mileage total right now is 57.8 miles/month; I'm currently right around the 15-16 miles/week point.

In the coming weeks, I plan to start posting more detailed workout information here so that people can track my progress as stalkerishly as they want. :) I'm going to find a good way to integrate my GPS running maps into the forum, and if I can convince someone to buy me a GoPro camera, I'll make a line of running progress videos.

One of the wonderful things about running in Colorado is the incredible diversity of the landscape. I'm going to be doing training in cities, river valleys, foothills, and then by mid-summer, I'll start my high-altitude training. It's going to be a truly spectacular summer of training, and I'm excited to have the MemoryCoin community along with me for it.