• June 18, 2018, 09:13:46 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would MMC be interested in sponsoring an ultra-marathoner?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline biophil

• Promoting ultra-running and crypto-equities
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MJEg2XZPauz6Pbm7YQrBRiTrvULN9rWpb9
Would MMC be interested in sponsoring an ultra-marathoner?
« on: April 07, 2014, 02:00:03 AM »
Hello, MMC community!

Most of this post is copied and pasted from the bitsharestalk.org thread here.

I'm training for a 50-mile (80 km) running race that takes place in August: https://www.joingecko.org/info.asp?uid=310. I've had some setbacks due to an injury I sustained back in September, but I've been in therapy and in the past month I've been able to get back into a strong training routine. Due to the setback, I might actually run the 50-km race instead of the 50-mile. In either case, I'm confident that I'll be there on race day and that I'll run one of the ultra-marathon distances.

It occurs to me that some coin (MemoryCoin was my first thought) might benefit from sponsoring my run. I have a few small expenses from the run: shoes (I need a new pair every couple months, they cost ~$110/pair), extra food (I don't know; maybe $20/week?) and race registration ($100). I'd love to offer my body as a moving billboard for MemoryCoin in exchange for MMC paying some of my expenses!

What's in it for MMC: I live in the Boulder, CO, USA area, and so far I've done almost all my running in town. Boulder is a community that spans all socio-economic strata of American life: we have everybody from hippies playing guitar on the street corner to silicon-valley software startup types. By the peak of my training in July, I expect to be running in and around Boulder approximately 8 hours per week. My idea is that I'd commit to wearing an MMC-branded T-shirt for all of my training, as well as on race day. This would provide exposure of the MMC logo to hundreds of people. In addition, MMC would be able to promote themselves as a community that sponsors high-endurance athletes like myself.

I wear a GPS watch for all my training that tracks my routes and distances, so I could run a blog where I'd keep my supporters updated on my training progress and maybe I'd show maps of where I've been running. Really, I'd provide whatever information MMC wants in order to justify your sponsorship - I'm not trying to just grab a bunch of money if it's not worth it for my sponsor.

What's in it for me: I love long distance running, I'm infatuated with crypto-equities, and this looks like a cool opportunity to promote both while offsetting some of my personal costs.

Well, what do you all think? Does the MMC community think the money would be well-spent?

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MVTEceoiVWsnyyWU69nNFCqcpqDjyChyEH
Re: Would MMC be interested in sponsoring an ultra-marathoner?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 02:24:04 AM »
So here's a small breakdown of the cost of your sponsorship:
2 pairs of running shoes: $220 [Tax?]
Extra Food $20/Week for 19 weeks: $380 [Rough estimate]
Race Registration: $100
T-Shirt and Logo Equipment: $50~ [Memorycoin Performance T-Shirt, possibly other items]

Total Breakdown - $750 for 19 weeks.

Tell me if you think that amount is modest or if you want to decrease that amount.
Hopefully we can work out a plan to pay it over a period of time.
Maybe $40 a week? My candidacy funds are squeezed at the moment but I think that if you were paid in MMC it would work out better.

Please describe to us very specific things you are very likely to do once Memorycoin sponsors you. Such as, let people in your community learn about memorycoin, give away free t-shirts, items, and/or hold a promotional stand in order to tell others about memorycoin....

After your response I will create a list of terms that you will have to agree to in order to be sponsored.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:38:11 AM by Delinquency »

Offline biophil

• View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 02:45:40 AM »
I like the sound of this very much! All the amounts are certainly acceptable. I'll think over what kinds of things I'll be able to do to promote MMC and give a more complete reply in the morning. Thanks for your interest, Delinquency!

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 02:53:56 AM »
I like the sound of this very much! All the amounts are certainly acceptable. I'll think over what kinds of things I'll be able to do to promote MMC and give a more complete reply in the morning. Thanks for your interest, Delinquency!

No problem, good night! It's been a pleasure negotiating that price.

In the next few days I will be whipping up a specific contract that you should print out and sign, scan or take a picture of it, and email it back to us.

I will also need your next response so I can complete the agreement.

Expect a few days buffer for all the work to be processed before you receive your first payment.

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 03:00:27 AM »
There's going to be an issue of negotiating the market price for your payments in MMC. Would you prefer to be paid the average price of MMC (+/- 10% for variance of the market price)?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
My main activities while sponsored will be to tell people what the "M" on my shirt stands for. I'll put a MMC wallet on my phone and encourage others to do the same. It would probably be nice if I could get some promotional give-away MMC to put on my wallet to give people who I introduce to it; that would be fantastic. I'd be more than happy to give away tshirts or other promotional items! I'd also like to use these forums to keep the community updated on my training. I use a service called Endomondo to track my progress; I'll start a new public profile there and it will be one of the tools I use to interact with the MMC community.

One more note: I'm also working on a PhD right now and I'll be in the middle of my preliminary exams for the next 2 weeks. I'm not letting this impact my training, but it will limit the amount of time I can devote to purely promotional activities. After April 21, I'll have much more time on my hands.

As to market price, I'd say let's agree on a price feed (coinmarketcap might work) and just make sure that my payments are within a few percent of the feed when the payments are made.

I'm looking forward to working with you guys!

Offline GarudaCoin

• Novice
  • I love MMC!
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MQKMTFXvd34v35x3pitoQT9zE2s1LugLat
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 04:03:53 PM »
Better Cryptocurrency