• June 24, 2018, 06:55:44 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Last couple weeks - starting to taper a bit  (Read 1599 times)

Offline biophil

• Promoting ultra-running and crypto-equities
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MJEg2XZPauz6Pbm7YQrBRiTrvULN9rWpb9
Last couple weeks - starting to taper a bit
« on: August 01, 2014, 04:13:17 AM »
Hey all, I'm now past the high-mileage high-fatigue portions of my training. I'm going to keep running, of course; today I put up a 3000-vertical-foot 10-mile run and this weekend I may run up a mountain in Colorado Springs. But excessive mileage in the next month will start to hurt rather than help my chances in Pagosa Springs on August 23.

Here's the latest activity calendar on Endomondo: https://www.endomondo.com/workouts/user/15407924

Thanks so much for your support! As a token of my gratitude, I've decided I'm not going to convert any of my remaining sponsorship payments to USD. I'll just let them ride in my MMC wallet as a bet on the future of MemoryCoin.

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MVTEceoiVWsnyyWU69nNFCqcpqDjyChyEH
Re: Last couple weeks - starting to taper a bit
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 07:43:54 PM »
Good luck on the training Bio Phil!

The marathon is in one week! The Memorycoin community wishes you best of luck on your 50k!

BTW for anyone who wants to look up the event: the link is here - Devil Mountain Ultra 50/50
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:44:22 PM by Delinquency »

Offline biophil

• View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 03:37:59 PM »
Good luck on the training Bio Phil!

The marathon is in one week! The Memorycoin community wishes you best of luck on your 50k!

BTW for anyone who wants to look up the event: the link is here - Devil Mountain Ultra 50/50

Thanks! I've got one week and I'm feeling good! Still healthy and feeling very strong on the couple leisurely runs I've taken in the past week. I can say the 50k will be relatively easy, so I'm definitely going to attempt the full 50 miles. It will mostly be a matter of having the discipline to conserve my strength in the early portions, and then making sure I take in enough calories and electrolytes. I'm looking forward to it!

Offline kanes

• Chief Support Officer
  • Fanatic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MMCcso6SQ8oiEZzRmzooYCJK3iFGUqXBSM
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »
Can you use something in the run, related to memorycoin?
I know there is no shirt, but can you print something (logo and url) and try to glue or something in your shirt?

Any ideias?
CSO Vote Address: MVTEcsoS5YnxyhAF4Dx4GB7VLKRF325JGa
Please send 0.00000001 MMC to vote for me as your new CSO!

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:54:27 PM »
Can you use something in the run, related to memorycoin? I know there is no shirt, but can you print something (logo and url) and try to glue or something in your shirt? Any ideias?

We can photoshop a logo image ;)

Offline biophil

• View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 02:43:52 PM »
Can you use something in the run, related to memorycoin?
I know there is no shirt, but can you print something (logo and url) and try to glue or something in your shirt?

Any ideias?

I'm open to ideas - recognizing that time is short. I could probably print something and pin it to the back of my camelback, but it would look pretty cheap, and there's no way that pinned-on paper would survive the race (partly because afternoon thunderstorms are pretty common this time of year). 

I'm also hoping to find a way to communicate my location on the course in real-time, if for no other reason than I want my crew to know when to meet me at aid stations. I don't know if there will be cell phone service, and even if there is, my phone wouldn't last the whole time running the Endomondo app. Anybody know a good minimal GPS tracking app for android?

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »
I'm open to ideas - recognizing that time is short. I could probably print something and pin it to the back of my camelback, but it would look pretty cheap, and there's no way that pinned-on paper would survive the race (partly because afternoon thunderstorms are pretty common this time of year). I'm also hoping to find a way to communicate my location on the course in real-time, if for no other reason than I want my crew to know when to meet me at aid stations. I don't know if there will be cell phone service, and even if there is, my phone wouldn't last the whole time running the Endomondo app. Anybody know a good minimal GPS tracking app for android?

You could try Google Location History