• June 19, 2018, 02:52:28 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shoutcast Music Playlist Administrator  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MVTEceoiVWsnyyWU69nNFCqcpqDjyChyEH
Shoutcast Music Playlist Administrator
« on: April 22, 2014, 05:35:34 PM »
Shoutcast Music Playlist Administrator

I'd like someone to step forward and help us with creating and managing several Shoutcast playlists. We'd like at least 4 different lists of music that are correlated with each other. I recommend converting the songs to 128K AAC to be compatible with our playlist.

(128K equates to 16 KB per second. It would be useful for high-latency and for people on the go. This is about 56MB of bandwidth per hour, so if you have a limited BW plan or slow wifi you can utilize the shoutcast station.)

The playlist should have a minimum run-time of about 150 minutes. The playlist should be pruned and updated weekly to ensure that listeners continue listening. You can negotiate payment here. However, I suggest you have the community tip you instead for your effort.

Anyone have questions about this?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:36:55 PM by Delinquency »

Offline minigwar

• Registered Memorycoin Shareholder
  • Novice
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MLEhojGAhbX3Wm7REHMK1Tbe8P8XXciWVr
Re: Shoutcast Music Playlist Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:13:57 AM »
I'm not too familiar with shoutcast. Can you explain how I would go about adding music, setting up playlists, etc? Do I need to upload music or what?

Do I personally need to stream using a client via shoutcast to then stream to you folks? Or can I just create playlists of songs, somewhat like spotify, and let y'all enjoy those lists?

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 04:36:41 AM »
I have a couple of VPS' that stream to the Shoutcast server in NL.
You can definitely Teamviewer to access the server(s) and maintain the playlist from there.

They run Winamp on Windows, so it's basically a media player that you keep running.

You can upload music any way you'd like, just upload it to the ffmpeg converter server and run the bash script and then download the files back onto the VPS. Afterwards you can add them to the playlist on the winamp client.

Offline minigwar

• Registered Memorycoin Shareholder
  • Novice
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
    MLEhojGAhbX3Wm7REHMK1Tbe8P8XXciWVr
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 05:11:48 PM »
I am so computer illiterate, I have no idea as to what you just said : (

"I have a couple of VPS' that stream to the Shoutcast server in NL.
You can definitely Teamviewer to access the server(s) and maintain the playlist from there.

They run Winamp on Windows, so it's basically a media player that you keep running.

You can upload music any way you'd like, just upload it to the ffmpeg converter server and run the bash script and then download the files back onto the VPS. Afterwards you can add them to the playlist on the winamp client."

God I feel like a schmuck 

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 12:06:57 AM »
Thought so xD

So you just have to connect to my VPS (Virtual PC) running Windows through Teamviewer (teamviewer.com).

Then basically upload the files through the file transfer option on teamviewer, upload those files again through FTP, connect to the server by clicking a few buttons, and typing in a specific command to convert the files you just uploaded.

Then you download the files that are converted onto the computer and drag them onto the Winamp client (winamp.com)

Offline Delinquency

• CEO
  • Administrator
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
  • Memorycoin Address:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 11:46:50 PM »
Anyone who would like to volunteer, all you need to do is send me the list of songs, and genre associated with that playlist so I can start streaming.